Bedroom furniture sets are a great choice to furnish your bedroom in an affordable and effective way. Instead of spending many hours in buying matching furniture to your bedroom, you can just choose a bedroom furniture set and you will be done. Another great advantage of buying bedroom furniture sets is that they are available in affordable price. These days, traditional six-piece bedroom furniture sets have been replaced by the seven- and eight-piece furniture sets, which are now extremely popular. Here’s a look at some of the pieces of furniture you may be able to choose from when considering new bedroom furniture sets:
• Bed: A standard bed consists of a mattress resting on some type of foundation, like a box spring, that supported by a flat, rectangular frame. When buying bedroom furniture sets, keep in mind that the standard bed and mattress sizes are: twin, full, queen, king and California king.
• Dresser: A dresser is the most common place to put folded clothing. A typical dresser consists of two columns of three drawers. Often these pieces are coupled with a mirror on the top.
• Chest of Drawers: If your bedroom is small, consider purchasing a chest of drawers instead of a dresser. A dresser generally stands at waist height, but a chest of drawers is taller and narrower so it helps in saving floor space in the bedroom.
• Nightstand: Nightstand is a very functional piece of furniture which maximizes storage space. Nightstands are designed to stand at a proportional height level with the bed. And we always use them to keep a glass of water, a book, glasses, or an alarm clock within easy reach. You can also use it to put a lamp to provide a quite lighting when you get up in the middle of the night.
• Armoire: It is considered as a main centerpiece of bedroom furniture sets. Armoires are large furniture pieces which generally come with drawers in the bottom level to store any of the items you may need to put away in your bedroom. And in the top of the armoire, there will be two doors that you will pull open to unveil either a secondary set of drawers or a shelving unit. The shelving unit is often used to hold a television or other entertainment items for your bedroom.