Black and white décor is one of the most elegant and attractive choices anyone can opt for when decorating his home. Black and white is effective in making bold statements. They define functions easily while creating sharp edges of distinction. One of the most amazing colors the can be used to break up the stark contrast of black and white is Periwinkle. Periwinkle is a pale shade of blue with a hint of purple.
It is subtle but vibrant as it coordinates well enough to add harmony but at the same time it stands out as a distinct color. Incorporating periwinkle into a black and white bedroom décor may seem to be difficult but with some simple tips you will be able to successfully pulling periwinkle into your bedroom to make it look amazing and classy
1. Don’t use different furniture styles when you are creating a contemporary space in contrasting colors. Employ the color splashes to be focal points for your space and maximize the wow factor by making the color a bold statement. Use the same style throughout the room, and highlight the simple furniture choice with a bold color splash for a fabulous effect.
2. Avoid adding patterns and prints that feature vibrant colors. Because even if the room is solid blacks and whites, a pattern or print could make the room look too busy which will not look good in the bedroom. Use solid colors to make your statement, and use the periwinkle only as focal points throughout the room.
3. When you pulling periwinkle into the black and white bedroom, you use it to add to those solid colors but never as an equal partner in the space. So black and white should be more represented than periwinkle in your bedroom.
4. Most of your furniture and accessories should be black and white and even shades of gray to coordinate without overwhelming the theme. At most, one or two fabulous focal points in periwinkle should break up the monotone and provide some aesthetic pleasure for your bedroom space. Just keep in mind that black and white are the color palette, and shades of gray are the best coordinating colors for a modern, contemporary bedroom.
5. Use this color palette in one room only. If you use it on the whole house, you will end up hating the contrast and choosing something more neutral.