The master bedroom is your private shelter at home, so it is important to decorate it with a personal taste. Although not every guest sees it, but the master bedroom is the place where you spend most of your time, sleeping and resting.
Considerable modifications in your master bedroom is not a big deal. You just need to take some initial steps and with time you will be able to make what you wanted.
Decoration is influenced by the primary colors of your bedroom, in the same way other fundamental ideas are applied. First thing first, for the wall color, most people like smooth colors that symbolize peace. Others like dark colors with some lights to create a warm atmosphere. Imagine using smooth colors and choosing even smoother colors for the furniture, I believe your master bedroom will look pale and unsuitable, like no center of attention.
On the occasion of the center of attraction, you should put a focal point as the center of attention, like a headboard as an eye-catcher, which everyone will notice when they enter your bedroom, or interesting pictures. But if you add too many focal points, that would distract anyone who enters your master bedroom. In another way, decoration is all about reflecting your personal taste into the room.
So here are some tips:
1) Select primary colors, could be romantic colors, Italian, modern, minimalist…. you name it.
2) Select a color degree for the primary colors you chose.
3) Make one focal point for anyone entering.
4) Add more decorations to your master bedroom, like a flower vase, standing lamp, but do not add too much things because you do not want a crowded bedroom.
5) Look for more ideas in magazines, store, and websites.