One of the real challenges in any home is to organize a bedroom. It is the place where you should rest and yet put all your personal stuff. You try hard to organize your clothes, shoes, bags, your fancy little things in your room, but every day before going out you create a messy scene. The fact that we will always keep buying things that we don’t really need will just worsen the already unorganized bedroom. We cannot stop buying things, but we can bear in mind when decorating our bedrooms to make a space for all our stuff.
Luckily, simple decorative ideas can make a whole big difference in making our bedrooms look neat and tidy. Our main important advice is to decide first the things we mostly use on a daily basis and the ones that we don’t or just like to keep.
Here are some simple tips and tricks for designing a tidy bedroom:
1. Use under-the-bed drawers like Murphy beds to store things you do not use on a daily basis such as linen, blankets, bed sheets, drapes, curtains and carpets. You can easily take them out from the drawers to change your bed sheets or to arrange a bedding in case you have a guest.
2. You can also benefit from a window bay seat, whether equipped with drawers or has a lift-up seat. It can be used to store anything from footwear to old books.
3. As for these tiny accessories that are scattered around every girl’s bedroom. They may be organized in one cupboard with some hooks to hang bags or horizontal boards to place the footwear. You can also keep your make-up in it, but do not forget to fix a mirror on the inside of the cupboard door.
4. What about the attic? This wide and dusty place where people always fill up with forgotten things. You can rearrange it to be the ideal place of your hobbies. Use it as a library, a personal studio or put a pool table, PlayStation or a carom board.
5. You can benefit from small things such as old shoe boxes, jam bottles and garment storage bags. Use shoe boxes as a study table or a bedside one. Collect all the little things in shoe boxes. For a neater look, cover them with decorative paper. Before using your jam bottles as pen stands, soak them in soapy water to get rid of the stickers. Use the garment storage bags to store linen, dresses or coats.
6. If you have a small bedroom you can turn it spacious and comfy by using the right furnitures and colors, and benefit from every space in the bedroom. You may choose a king-size bed or just daybed to have extra space. Moreover, you may place the dresser in the closet or in another room. In order to widen the visual look of your bedroom, paint the walls in a color similar to the bedding and drapery. The pastel and soft colors will be your excellent choice. Hanging a decorative mirror also gives the same impression as they reflect the light in the room. Choose lightweight curtains that have matching colors with the wall or hang window blinds which also helps enlarge the look of the room.
7. Storage baskets, whether small or large, are ideal for placing your towels, toiletries and jewelry. For extra elegance, purchase baskets which have shapes and colors that harmonize with your bedroom’s decor.
8. If you are a mommy, your kid’s bedroom poses another challenge. You must take into consideration to create a bedroom that does not only look pleasant, but to be also a safe place for your child. In fact, safety and functionality should be your main concerns. Kids’ bedrooms should include closets, shelves and racks. Shelves should be placed at a height out of the child’s reach. You may always rely on beds that have built-in drawers to keep his lovely toys and stuff. In order not to waste your time on cleaning and tidying, always keep his most used clothes and items in a place that is easy to reach. Small closets are always great for storing many things and may be put beside windows so your kid may have his own window seat.